Fire investigation is a very broad and varied field. It can entail everything from the evaluation of human-technology or human-structure interfaces to simulations and reconstructions of events and the fire itself.
Our clients represent many different stakeholders, including but not limited to: insurance companies, assessors, energy or electricity production specialists, manufacturers, municipalities, government agencies (such as the Swedish Accident Investigation Authority), and legal firms, just to name a few.
Here are some examples of our services within the field of fire investigation:
- Fire Cause Assessment – Where did the fire begin? What caused the fire in the first place?
- Investigation and description of the origin to the fire and its development.
- Study and evaluation of technical fire protection – was it designed according to the existing regulations? Did the technical systems work as designed?
- Study and description of the fire development including suggestions for alternative or supplementary fire protection solutions, e.g. should the structure be rebuilt?
- How did people behave during the event and how did this impact on the development of the fire (interviews and reconstructions)?
- Modelling and reconstruction of fire developing using CFD-models.
- Using computer simulations and on-site investigations, we can contribute to creating a clear picture of the residual capacity of load-bearing structures and determine the potential for reconstruction using the existing building framework.